Equipping all Kindergarten-6th Grade Classrooms with STEM Kits – Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
As part of our goal to expand our reach to benefit every student in the Hillsboro public schools, the Board of Directors has stepped up to fundraise for one large portion of the new math and science curriculum adoption throughout the district. This adoption is long overdue, necessary and very costly. And, the curriculum does not come with supporting materials necessary for successful implementation and maximized student engagement.
In order to assist the Hillsboro School District with this adoption HSF is equipping every K-6 classroom with STEM (science, math, engineering, math) Kits. These kits may include microscopes, measurement tools, nonfiction materials, and other important building blocks for hands-on and age-appropriate science and math exploration.
STEM Kits will
- help students achieve grade level standards
- create more equitable learning environments for every student
- prepare students for good jobs that are available in our own community
- help students build a foundation for advanced science and math study
- have a lasting impact in the classroom
We Need You! Please join us in preparing the next generation of Scientists and Engineers